[Gllug] Council Presidency Adopts Software Patent Agreement Against Council's Rules

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Mar 7 15:17:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 02:35:28PM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> Council Presidency Adopts Software Patent Agreement Against Council's
> Rules
>
> http://wiki.ffii.org/Cons050307En

MEPs' email addresses (although a letter may be more effective):

http://vox.org.uk/MEPMail.htm

> I've always thought the Europe project was a good thing.  I'm starting
> to change my mind.  The principle is good, but the procedural corruption
> is totally out of order.  I think I just decided to vote against the
> constitution, unless the powers-wot-be can convince me that this will be
> reformed.

A good start for a constitution would be something similar in size,
shape and philosophical principle to the US constitution (not the
same, obviously ...).  The current draft has some 300 pages and was
written by noted philosopher Silvio Berlusconi and chums.  Not good.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk