[Gllug] Logo as a first language

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 00:46:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:44:29 +0000, John Southern
<john at sinoda.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone remember logo? Not icons, but the programming language.
>
> Having collected my youngest from school, I find that as a four year old, she
> is being taught how to program a Roamer turtle 'bot in logo.
>
> My question is, apart from school turtles, is anything ever written in logo?
> Also what would be the idea programming language you would learn if you had to
> start all over again today?
>
> Regards
> John

For my GCSE computer studies project, approximately 13 years ago, I
wrote a Logo interpreter in BBC BASIC.  It never worked very well -
particularly because I had no idea how to make the loops work properly
- but the code was pretty good for BASIC and I'm still proud of it :-)

It was prompted by Logo being one of the languages available on the
Amstrad PCW, which at one point was the only computer I had available
at home...

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk