[Gllug] Re: Gllug Digest, Vol 21, Issue 8

Christopher Currie ccurrie at usa.net
Wed Mar 2 12:32:06 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 02 March10:18:32 +0000 (GMT), Andrew Halliwell <ah at gnd.com wrote:

> And verily, didst Andy McGarty announce to the hordes:
> > I'm sure you will all cheer to hear this!
> >
> > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050301/us_nm/people_g
> >ates_dc
>
> Indeed...
> What the FECK has he ever done for the UK? That is the whole point of a
> knighthood afterall, is it not, someone who has served the UK with
> distinction?

This is from a Labour government. The last one invited Ceausescu to stay in
Buckingham Palace, remember? Perhaps it's a premonition of where Gates will
be in 10 years' time.

Remember the service that Gates is providing to the War on Terror. Perhaps the
real reason the authorities don't want to save hundreds of billions by
encouraging everyone to shift to Open Source is that they think the NSA, etc.
would find it much more time-consuming to stealth-hack everyone's computers.

And how far does the electoral-fraud system in the US depend on insecure M$
software? Labour is not far behind Bush in the elec-fraud stakes, and no
doubt the other parties will be equally keen.

Christopher

Christopher

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk