[Gllug] The netwroked house - a terminal in every room >;)

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Mar 8 08:49:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 18:12 +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
> One of our Oxluggy number is busy renovating our new house in Charlbury
> and we have been discussing what sort of comms wire to run - and how to
> put a "terminal" in every room (well, a number of rooms) in the most
> economical manner.
Regarding the wiring, I would run Cat5 into every room, as many sockets
as you want.
I once saw a tiny wiring cabinet intended for the home market,
which would take both network and telephone traffic over the cat 5
(you can also do video over cat 5 with baluns).
The company sold a small hub to fit int he cabinet.

If I find the company I will email - but these cabinets were in things
like the Misco catalogue at the time.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk