[Gllug] Anyone having broadband (probably PlusNet) problems today?

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Wed Mar 23 15:59:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 01:35:29PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:

> Woke up today to find that my PlusNet internet connection behaving
> very oddly indeed.  It's not that it doesn't work, just that certain
> types of connections hang.

Plusnet once killed my dialup account and terminated my hosting because I had a
'screen' session on thier cgi server. (this didnt have screen or even a
compiler, oh, and no-exec for anyfiles except perl in thier cgi-bin place)

After that they still were charging me for the CGI usage. When I called they
refused to refund me the payment for a service they wouldnt let me use.

They are (or were) the worst ISP I have ever known, Thankfully Switch's fraud
and un-authorised debits department got me my 90 quid of fees back.

Oh, and they still send me spam! the auto reply email also tells me to login to
my account and 'opt out' from the email adverts. ... an account that I no
longer have.

Go for metronet[1], they are excellent, based in harrow, very good value and
when you want to contact them you will *ALWAYS* get a human during office
hours. far far far cheaper than plusnet, claranet or many others I've tried.

[1] http://www.metronet.co.uk

--
Ian Norton-Badrul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk