[Gllug] how to kill

mimo mimo at restoel.net
Wed Mar 16 12:24:13 UTC 2005

I guess everybody knows this bash thing where you can press CTRL Z and
the current process goes to sleep (which is sometimes the only way to
get out of some stuck thing). Later on you can list your sleeping
processes with jobs command. Odd thing I always found is that they are
numbered 1,2,3,.. Now obviously, doing kill 1 is not a good idea, esp.
when you are root. Nevertheless, kill -- just invoked like this -- says
pid or jobid. But doesnt say how you specify the jobid. Tried [1] --
didnt work. Anyone?

Thanks,
mimo
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk