[Gllug] Logo as a first language

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Mar 8 15:14:31 UTC 2005

On Tuesday, 8 Mar 2005, Holger Duerer wrote:
>Nix:
>>who first met computers post-adolescence who I'd describe as
>>good (although there are of course certain genius exceptions:
>>e.g. Don Knuth).
>Erm.  I cannot really comment on this as I don't know enough people in
>IT who are old enough.  I *do* know that most people exposed to
>computers in their youth are just as crap at programming as e.g my
>father is.

And if we think back, the generation who first developed computers -
and the one after that, few if any of whom would have encountered the
dozen or so machines in existence as children - had plenty of
perfectly good people in without meeting computers as children.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is Tuesday, March.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk