[Gllug] Mail server recommendation

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Wed Mar 2 12:04:39 UTC 2005

Kristian wrote:
> I am running setups like these for several of our customers using
> - fetchmail or getmail to retrieve mail out of pop3,
> - procmail or sieve to get things sorted,
> - cyrus21 to have them available via imap,
> - postfix to send mails out using the smarthost of the ISP used there,
> - amavis-ng and clamav to do the virus / spam control.
>
> Works pretty well though it's somewhat big and hard to get started
> learning how all the pieces fit together. Once you know, it rocks. ;)

I was thinking this would be the sort of method I needed to use. Its
going to be 'fun' doing all that :-)

> What sort of information do .pst files contain? Unless its anything
> related to groupware, probably this will be a thing the mail client has
> to deal with. If it's groupware related, you're probably doomed...

I just realised the answer is staring me in the face. Outlook .pst files
can be opened by Outlook so what I do is configure outlook to use the
IMAP server and also open the pst file. I then drag and drop in Outlook
from the pst located folder into the IMAP located folder. I only have
2 users so this wont be a massive problem.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk