[Gllug] ADSL problem

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Thu Mar 3 00:29:59 UTC 2005

It may well amuse someone to hear that I successfully made all my phones ring,
my server reboot and got a shock all when exploring my home phone system a few
months back.

just because you unplug the only extension you can find going from upstairs to
down, dont assume that the upstares phone line is disconnected*, especially
if you decide to bare the wires with your teeth (this hurt quite alot)

:-)

*my bt socket with 'master' written on it, isnt a master, the one upstairs
is...

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 07:04:45PM +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Saturday 26 Feb 2005 10:51, Chris Bell wrote:
>
> >    It is unlikely to be a DC problem, most phones do not care which way
> > round they are connected,
>
> //snippage//
>
> I should have said "reversal with respect to the ring (terminal 3) line".
> This will actually cause some 'phones to ring continuously.
>
> Chris
> --

Ian Norton-Badrul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk