[Gllug] Dead PC :-(

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Mon Mar 7 10:11:49 UTC 2005

> You could try disconnecting the power supply rom the mains, leaving it for a
> bit and reconnecting.

That was the first thing I tried. I left it for a couple of minutes and
nothing
happened so I will leave it all day and try again.

> My guess is that the ATX power supply may have failed - they seem to be the
> weak leak in systems generally.
>
> I can lend you a spare ATX supply to connect up, if you wish, to see if that
> is the problem.

As luck would have it I replaced a full tower case on another system with a
midi
tower last week and therefore have a spare PSU to try. I will keep fingers and
everything else crossed that it's the PSU. Sods law is that it's been sitting
on
my desk for 2 weeks and I decided to store it in the loft this weekend so I'll
have to go up there and get it back down tonight.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk