[Gllug] graphical interface

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Sun Mar 6 19:07:33 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 04:57:49PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 01:04:15PM +0000, J F wrote:
> > Should I try GTK? I'm not much of a programmer... would it be
> > difficult to learn? Also, my colleagues use Mac OS X, would I be able
> > to port it, using GTK?
>
> Gtk is certainly one possibility.  You'll want to start off with the
> Gtk tutorial [http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/].  It's possible to run Gtk
> applications on Mac OS X, but the resulting applications don't look
> like Mac apps, and require you to be running the X server.

I can also whole-heartedly recommend trying out Python with the GTK+
bindings. Having never done any GTK+ / Python programming before I
was able to knock up a GNOME panel applet with full integration
with GConf configuration database and session management support in
less than 1/2 a day.

Regards,
Dan.