[Gllug] annoyiong "No Route to host"

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Mar 3 10:10:21 UTC 2005

John Hearns writes:

>I think that is the setup already - same setup as most Beowulf clusters.
>Julian is logging into the 10.4.99.50 box, and is sshing or telnetting
>to the terminal server, which is connected to some machines on
>an internal LAN.

In which case, I'd have to assume that the 8-port box doesn't have the
IP address he expects. Access should still be possible by forcing an
arp cache entry on the Linux box, and then once you have a shell on the
Cyclades, set an IP address as appropriate.

>192.168 addresses shouldn't route to anywhere.

Sure they should. Just not over the Internet. But since all the quoted
IPs are RFC1918 addresses, I'm assuming we're just talking about a LAN
here.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk