[Gllug] vi vs emacs (repeat)

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 9 21:12:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005, Tethys suggested tentatively:

> Nix writes:
>
>>Probably because the one-letter command names are impossible for me to
>>remember. I remember things as *words* dammit; I even remember most
>>Emacs commands as the names of the commands that implement them. :)
>
> And yet you claim Aspergers? Weird. I even go as far as aliasing my
> common shell commands to be single characters (or occasionally two
> character combinations). Anything else is just too inefficient :-)

I'm a member of the visually-challenged hyper-verbal (minority|majority
depending on which paper you read).

(I've been known to fail to recognise *myself*, and I couldn't tell you
what I looked like without taking notes first...)

--
> ...Hires Root Beer...
What we need these days is a stable, fast, anti-aliased root beer
with dynamic shading. Not that you can let just anybody have root.
 --- John M. Ford
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk