[Gllug] vi vs emacs (repeat)

Benedikt Heinen gllug at ml.icemark.net
Wed Mar 9 15:43:06 UTC 2005

>> When you load the write-protected file, emacs doesn't let you change it. What you can do is just use
>>  	M-x toggle-read-only
>> and then edit the file.
> The default keybinding of C-x C-q may be easier to remember. :)

Ah - before I wrote that I tried 'C-h w toggle-read-only' to find out
whether there WAS a binding, and there wasn't...  C-x C-q is
vc-toggle-read-only -- which is actually a bit better even, in the way
that it would also check out the file if it's under version control.  I
wasn't even aware that there was a separate command for this...

   Benedikt

--
 	It seems I think I am, therefore it seems I am, I think!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk