[Gllug] OT: Tomcat & Apache mapping problem

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Mar 24 15:24:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 05:17:44PM +0000, Mike wrote:

> Ah, but I like cats :-). Actually, there are lots of things I learnt how
> to do one way, and then subsequently found a "more efficient" way of
> doing same later.

When it comes to the avoidance of cat, those ironic quotes are not
merited.  Cutting out needless use of cat will make a big difference to
the load that your shell scripts will impose on a system.  Stylistic
conventions are one thing but when your habits enshrine bad practice and
you know it, it really is time to learn better habits.

--
Bruce

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, apart from
ostriches if you punch them hard enough.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk