[Gllug] VirtualHost on Apache 1.3.31 problem

N.Pauli npauli at st-johns.org.uk
Fri Mar 18 14:32:27 UTC 2005

Dear All,

This one has got me completely going around in circles. I'm trying to set up VirtualHosts on the Apache 1.3.31 server on my workstation. Browsing to http://localhost brings up the page I've left there but http://localhost/sjweb/ gives me 404 Not Found. I've had this working before on Apache 1.3.x using this configuration.
Below I've listed what seem to be the relevant lines in /etc/apache/httpd.conf. I'd be grateful if anyone can point out the obvious mistake I'm making or suggest what else I need to look at in httpd.conf.
---
ServerType standalone
ServerRoot /etc/apache
Listen localhost:80
Port 80
User www-data
Group www-data
ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
ServerName localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www

NameVirtualHost localhost
<VirtualHost localhost>
	ServerAlias	localhost
	DocumentRoot	/var/www
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost localhost>
	ServerAlias	sjweb
	ServerName	sjweb
	DocumentRoot	/home/nbp/Web/SJweb
	ErrorLog	/home/nbp/Web/SJweb/logs/error_log
</VirtualHost>
---

Thanks,
Nigel