[Gllug] Re: Gates to get Knighthood!!! (Andrew Halliwell)

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 16:15:50 UTC 2005

Steve Nelson wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:39:23 -0000, David Abbishaw <David at abbishaw.com> wrote:

> Three cheers for someone speaking sense.  It was with a mixture of
> resigned acceptance of the inevitable anti-MS whinging and propaganda
> and sadness that seeming intelligent people could suddenly fail to be
> open-minded that I read today's posts.

s/speaking sense/agreeing with me/
s/open-minded/agreeing with me/

> Like him or hate him, Mr Gates and his cronies have revolutionised
> computing and society, and while he has been amply rewarded
> financially, I think it is perfectly acceptable to acknowledge his
> contribution with an honour.

What software has M$ created that is in any way revolutionary - I think
that there must be something but I can't think of it.

Oddly I think the groupware aspect of Exchange/outlook is the best thing
M$ have done - it's just a shame that all the other aspects of it are so
awful.

don't forget M$ have been found guilty of breaking the law all over the
world.

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk