[Gllug] silent cheap pc

neil chambers neil at cozyspace.net
Tue May 24 15:15:00 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have been on the lookout for a reasonably priced fanless PC that will
sit under the desk at home and run my "stuff that must not be turned off
- ever!". I thought I had found the perfect system but have lost the
link to it :-( I'm hoping one of you have come across the very beast.
The thing that, in my mind, separated it from the other fanless systems
was the alleged ability to operate in +56 Degrees Celsius (or
thereabouts). Not that the underneath of my desk ever gets that hot. It
is _very_ basic looking and directed at the kiosk market.

In the likely event this poor description doesn't spark any memory - can
anyone recommend a cheap pre-built fanless system that will happily run
any flavour of Linux?

Ta muchly,
Neil