[Gllug] Dishonouring Redirects

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at uk.clara.net
Mon May 23 15:55:35 UTC 2005

301 is a response code, which has nothing to do with requests. The HTTP
user agent (i.e. browser etc.) is responsible for acting on the
301+Location response, generally by creating a fresh request.

What is the Referer header set to for the redirected request which
arrives at 164.109.84.143:80? This cannot be relied upon strictly
speaking, but most browsers produce accurate Referers AFAIK, which may
allow you to determine a "bounced" request.

I can see what else you might have meant, but I won't elaborate. More
info about the situation and your proposed solution might be useful...

Ant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk