[GLLUG] ./configure deb-src

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat May 14 23:01:55 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 23:13 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a requirement to use grub with netbooting enabled.
>
> This simply requires me to ./configure --enable-diskless --enable-<some-card>
>
> However, in the debian world, how does one do this?

Normally one just modifies debian/rules and rebuilds, either with
dpkg-buildpackage, or just using "debian/rules binary".

> Then inside the grub tree, I tried just running a ./configure and then
> a dpkg-buildpackage, and I also tried hacking the debian/rules file,
> and running dpkg-buildpackage.
>
> Neither produced a .deb with the pxeimage I needed.
>
> ./configre --enable-diskless --enable-<some-card> && make does produce
> the pxeimage, so I have what I wanted, but I still don't have an
> answer to the more general (and useful) question:

Caveat: I've never used the grub pxe support in anger, so I've no idea
what files you actually need to make it work. However, a 2 minute test,
changing the configure-stamp target in debian.rules to include
"--enable-diskless --enable tulip", followed by "debian/rules binary"
gives me a package with "/lib/grub/i386-pc/pxegrub" in it, which the
standard debian binary package doesn't have. Is that what you wanted? Or
do you need something more to make it work?

HTH,

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk