[Gllug] Monitoring network usage

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue May 17 10:54:06 UTC 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Sharon Kimble uttered the following:
> Anyway, to cut a long story short, if I was to reinstall ntop, does it do
> something to the iptables firewall which could block my internet access
> if/and when I reboot again please? Or was my sorry saga just a one-off blip?

The latter, I think. ntop does no more than tcpdump does, so if tcpdump
and Ethereal work, then ntop should as well. (They're all just clever
wrappers around libpcap.)

--
`End users are just test loads for verifying that the system works, kind of
 like resistors in an electrical circuit.' - Kaz Kylheku in c.o.l.d.s
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk