[Gllug] SYN Flooding - Please Help

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri May 27 17:19:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 05:42:42PM +0100, Anthony Newman wrote:
> Steve Nelson wrote:
> >So yes - you are running 700 sites on *one* RH 7.3 machine?
> Why do you see that as a problem - have you assumed they are all
> mega-traffic sites? I don't see a problem with that at all if the
> machine is not overloaded.

I'm guessing that Steve is referring to the fact that RH 7.3 isn't
supported and is full of security holes.

That's not to say that 7.3 wasn't good - it was in fact a very solid
release, back in 2002.  Almost exactly 3 years ago:
http://www.redhat.com/en_us/USA/Home/Company/News%2Band%2BEvents/Red%2BHat%2BPress%2BRelease%2BArchive/2002/Red%2BHat%2BUnveils%2BRed%2BHat%2BLinux%2B7.3.html

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.