[Gllug] Right way to route some traffic to a VPN connection

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu May 19 10:57:50 UTC 2005

A dedicated box on the local LAN acts as the VPN gateway.  This is not
the same box as the normal default gateway.  The other machines on the
LAN need to know somehow that packets intended for the remote end of the
VPN are to go to this dedicated box and not to the normal default
gateway.

The question is just whether they should be given this information by
the DHCP server, or by the default gateway redirecting their packets.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk