[Gllug] Feynman letters in Guardian

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri May 13 12:49:40 UTC 2005

> Bizarre. Apparently you can't talk to actual librarians. I gave up and
> just went to the library where they were very helpful.

I had a similar problem yesterday getting to talk to someone about the
broken roof on my car (Smart convertible).  Unfortunately, this means
using a Mercedes dealership and after several attempts on the phone I'd
got nothing but, "You need a different department".

On the way home from work I stopped at the dealership, strode into sales
reception, smiled beautifully at the pretty girl on the desk and asked her
to tell me what was wrong with the roof.  Of course she didn't have a
clue, but after a moment's hesitation said, "Hang on, I'll go and get Mike
from the workshop".  Two minutes with him and we knew what was wrong.  So,
I got exactly what I wanted, but there's no way they would let me talk to
a workshop person over the phone.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk