[GLLUG] ./configure deb-src

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Sun May 15 16:32:22 UTC 2005

Hi Steve,

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 08:08 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
>         CC=$(CC) LDFLAGS=$(LDFLAGS) ./configure \
>                 --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) \
>                 --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) \
>                 --prefix=/ \
>                 --mandir=/usr/share/man \
>                 --infodir=/usr/share/info \
>                 --disable-auto-linux-mem-opt
>                 --enable-diskless\
>                 --enable-eepro100\

Well, why are you adding the backslashes? To escape end-of-line, right?
So don't place them immediately after the last configure option
character, do add one at the end of line of the previously last command
and do not escape the new last one.

The last three lines need to be changed to:

                --disable-auto-linux-mem-opt \
                --enable-diskless \
                --enable-eepro100

>         touch configure-stamp
>
> and did:
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
>
> The resulting .deb didn't contain the pxeimage:
>
> dpkg --contents grub_netboot.deb | grep pxe
>
> (I renamed the .deb)

I suspect bad configure options, namely --enable-diskless\ would break
it, try again.

> > You meticulously examine the build outputs to find what you're looking
> > for. It is there.
>
> Ah - by default do they go somewhere other than the console, such that
> they can be examined ex eventu?  Or do I just redirect the output to a
> temp file and look at it?

I usually just rerun the thing with "2>&1 | less" appended, you can
"tee" it to output file etc.

> > At the very worst case, you examine the Makefile and trace the netboot
> > variables. "grep -rin <x> ." is your friend.
>
> Getting out of my depth here - not sure what the netboot variables
> would be?  No sign of pxe there, and a netboot doesn't appear to shed
> much light.  Am I misunderstanding you?

"grep rin netboot ." and you will see what I mean. If you examine the
context in Makefile.in (or .am, forgot which), you'll see it all depends
on the rules file configuration options.

> Incidentally, reading Mike's post, I've tried debian/rules binary, and
> get the following error:
>
> mkdir debian/grub/lib/grub/tmp/
> mkdir: cannot create directory `debian/grub/lib/grub/tmp/': No such
> file or directory
> make: *** [install-arch] Error 1

Broken tree via manual action from before.

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk