[Gllug] How to report online crime...

Dennis Furey fureyd at lsbu.ac.uk
Thu May 26 12:07:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:32:24AM +0100, Martyn Drake wrote:
> bought a copy of Ella Enchanted from somebody in Norwich which I
> thought was a legitimate region 1 DVD.    Turns out it wasn't -
> they either just leave a neutral or a positive with words to
> the effect that "It's a pirate, but's it's good quality - many thanks".
>
> --
> Martyn Drake
> http://www.drake.org.uk

If the quality is good, then would it make it all right if everyone in
your situation sent a donation to the movie studio equal to the
difference between the "pirate" price and the high street price? That
way they still get their royalties with no distribution costs, the
"pirate" is compensated for providing a socially useful service at
some risk to himself, the customer spends the same total amount as
usual, and the world is a better place. ;)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk