[Gllug] [OT] A Solaris question someone might be able to answer.

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Thu May 19 12:49:01 UTC 2005

I know this is a Linux group but I am sure one of you guys can
answer this question for me.

I am connecting to a Solaris 2.8 box and using ksh. On one
machine I can do file completion with Esc+\ but on another
none of the escape sequences work. In this case I am connected
using hummingbird exceed, but I don't think it is a keyboard issue
as it does work with one machine but not the other.

Is there something I need to put in my .profile to turn on file
completion in ksh, like 'set filec' in csh ? Also would this
allow me to do both the Esc+\ and the Esc+k and get the usual
ksh response?

It is probably something that is in the global profile on one
and not the other machine as they use the same account .profile.

Thanks

Simon

misdirected, Credit Suisse, its subsidiaries and affiliates (CS) do not
waive any confidentiality or privilege. CS retains and monitors electronic
communications sent through its network. Instructions transmitted over this
system are not binding on CS until they are confirmed by us. Message
transmission is not guaranteed to be secure.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk