[Gllug] No access to GUI for Mandrake Linux!

Sabah Iftikhar s.iftikhar at c-x-r.com
Wed May 4 08:23:58 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm having problems with my Mandrake Linux 10.1. Having left a large simultation program running,I find that I am not able to gain entry to the graphical user interface. I am however, able to work on the text mode. The simulation had a "segmentation fault" and crashed out.
The memory for the partition of the drive I was using was about 6G and it is full according to 'df' in bash. I suspect that the program I was running had some kind of memory leak (up to 1G).
I have tried the 'find' function to look for a file +10000k but nothing shows up. I think I need to free the memory by removing a file/s generated by the simulation programme.

Any suggestions? (please let me know if I need to include more details.)

Thanks,

Sab

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk