[Gllug] Re: Experiences with Thunderbird and LDAP

Ashley Evans hoshy at hoshy.co.uk
Thu May 19 07:39:10 UTC 2005

David Abbishaw wrote:

>>Hi, all.  I haven't been on the list for a while but I'm back.
>>
>>I was wondereding if anybody has been using ldap addressbooks in
>>thunderbird.  I've got them working happily but the two sticking points,
>>although not major, are shared mailling lists and edit/creating new
>>contacts.
>>
>>I'm migrating people from NT4/Exchange to
>>Debian/Samba/Postfix/Cyrus/LDAP, they I've explained the sticking points
>>above and as long as I can fill out the functioanllity with other
>>programs the company I'm working for will be happy.
>>
>>So, any suggestions, comments ?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Ashley
>>

>Can I ask what people are using for shared calendars when they move off
>Exchange?
>
>And have you considered Open-Xchange?
>http://mirror.open-xchange.org/ox/EN/community/

we're using the thunderbird calendar extension, calendars stored on
webdav server in apache.

Will look at open-exchange again as currently solution isn't quite
advanced enough in terms of end-user features.  I had dismissed it
previuosly, not really sure why but probably something todo with tomcat,
I'm not really a java fan.

Ashley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk