[Gllug] Web design?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:56:58 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, Martyn Drake <martyn at drake.org.uk> wrote:
> Chris Bell wrote on 16 May 2005 23:17:
>
> >    A friend who is experienced in design, layout, photo-setting, and
> > printing, as well as web design, using a combination of Acorn, Apple,
> > and M$ PC, wants to try using Linux. He has used various packages,
> > including dreamweaver and photoshop, but would appreciate suggestions
> > about Linux-based packages.
>
> Why not run Photoshop under Wine?  Works quite well from what feedback I've
> got back from it.  Apparently CS is supposed to be able to work now..

You have Gimp and Inkscape on Linux which should cover at least most
of the Illustrator/Photoshop work.

Older versions of DreamWeaver run under wine as there is no suitable
replacement for DW under linux. As a last resort VMWare is pretty
efficient these days if you absolutely positively need to use a recent
version of DW or Photoshop.

A.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk