[Gllug] 32-bit CardBus in laptop

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri May 20 13:27:10 UTC 2005

My new craptop supports 32-bit CardBus and I got a 802.11g wireless card
with it that worked under Wiondows XP.  However, under Linux the card
doesn't even seem to be attempting to be detected.  The card
specifically says "32-bit CardBus" on it.

Normally when you plug in a card (supported or not), Hotplug picks up
the insertion event and then either loads the relevant modules or not.
However with this one I'm not getting anything.  Just nothing.

So what's different between my Linux setup and how WinXP worked?  It's a
stock Ubuntu kernel and install.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because geeks travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

Imagine a very committed funeral home director, whose
proudest achievement in adulthood was to be elected
president of the Queenbeyan and District Funeral Home
Directors' Association--then halve his personality and
halve it again, and you have pretty well got John Howard.

- Bill Bryson from "Down Under"