[Gllug] Two Adsl Connections

Peter Childs bluedragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 20 11:13:39 UTC 2005

    I'm thinking of getting a second adsl connection at work for
reduntancy when and if one fails for what ever reason and was wondering
what the best way was of having them set up so that when one fails of
using the other one.
    Also of using the band width of both of them together when they are
both up.
    I'm using a ADSL Ethernet router so currently I just route the
packets to the adsl connection. (route add default gw 192.168.0.253)
    One of the ADSL connections has a fixed IP that needs to be up if at
all possible as its used for some external access, most of the rest is
web pages, and email.
    In otherwords how do I had a second backup gateway?

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk