[Gllug] MySQl Problem - Please Help

wendy carr wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 11 08:32:44 UTC 2005

Hi,

Could you please help me to solve this problem ? I am
getting totally frustrated. I have a redhat 7.3 server
with around 500 web sites.It runs mysql 3.23 , up to a
three days everything was ok. The problem is the
mysqld server fails about every 10 minutes.I ve
checked the /var/log/mysqld which says,

Cannot initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is
not set.
If you do not want to use transactional InnoDB tables,
add a line
skip-innodb
to the [mysqld] section of init parameters in your
my.cnf
or my.ini. If you want to use InnoDB tables, add to
the [mysqld]
section, for example,
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
But to get good performance you should adjust for your
hardware
the InnoDB startup options listed in section 2 at
http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html

and

050510  0:45:14  Aborting

050510  0:45:14  /usr/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown
Complete

050510  0:45:14  Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP
port: Address already in use
050510  0:45:14  Do you already have another mysqld
server running on port: 3306
 ?
050510  0:45:14  Aborting

when i check netstat -na iget quite a few socket
connections
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

My my.cnf file is simple
[mysqld]
safe-show-database
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
set-variable = wait_timeout=600
#log=/var/log/mysql-query.log
set-variable = long_query_time=5
log-long-format
#log-slow-queries = /var/log/mysqld.slow.log
# following entries added to test performance
# taken from
/usr/share/doc/mysql-server-3.23.58/my-medium.cnf
# GEF 20041105 0930
skip-locking
set-variable    = key_buffer=16M
set-variable    = max_allowed_packet=1M
set-variable    = table_cache=64
set-variable    = sort_buffer=512K
set-variable    = net_buffer_length=8K
set-variable    = myisam_sort_buffer_size=8M

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

I appriciate any suggestions.