[Gllug] ClamAV and Ubuntu

Klunk admin at sjwcc.com
Sun May 15 21:52:28 UTC 2005

Guys,

You already know me as Simon from CSFB, but now I have mail working from
home through Cyrus I have signed up from home as well.

I have two more question that I hope you guys will be able to answer for
me. I installed Fetchmail, Amavis, ClamAV, SpamAssassin and Cyrus and
most of it is working fine. I am running Ubuntu Hoary and have
everything up to date. The problem is my ClamAV is showing version 0.83
when the katest is 0.85. I want to bring it up to date because I cannot
refresh the virus signatures but Ubuntu do not have the latest version.
How can I get the latest version and still use Synaptic Package Manage
so I know everything is good ?

Question 2 is regarding Spamassassin. I am not actually running that
yet. I went to turn it on and the daemon mode and it is disabled in the
config. The config file suggests there are security holes in the daemon
mode. Does anyone know what these are before I go turning this on?

Thanks

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk