[Gllug] OT: low profile heatsink for dual Opteron 250

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Thu May 5 20:59:39 UTC 2005

> I used an Active K8 1U Tiny Fin from www.rainbow-it.co.uk for my dual
> 246 ( one of the sockets is partially under a disc cage so i had to fit
> a 1U heatsink/fan). It works on a m/c going full belt on 2
> climateprediction models and a room temperature over 30deg.

> No idea how it compares with others.

Frank, I couldn't find any low profile heatsinks on this site. I searched
for 'heatsink' and found only 1 result which was a standard heatsink.

There don't seem to any UK suppliers of low profile socket 940 heatsinks
that are locatable via Google. All my uk-specific searches produced US
suppliers. Grrrr.

Garry

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk