[Gllug] OT: low profile heatsink for dual Opteron 250

Frank Scott lists at frasco.org.uk
Thu May 5 13:11:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 01:00:44PM +0100, Garry Heaton wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a low profile socket 940 heatsink for a 1U/dual Opteron
> 250 server?
>
> So far all I've been able to find is the Dynatron DC1U-B04 (active) and
> DYHS-OPT1 (passive) but can't find a UK supplier.
>
> Please recommend a UK supplier if possible. Tried overclockers.co.uk but
> they don't have anything.

I used an Active K8 1U Tiny Fin from www.rainbow-it.co.uk for my dual
246 ( one of the sockets is partially under a disc cage so i had to fit
a 1U heatsink/fan). It works on a m/c going full belt on 2
climateprediction models and a room temperature over 30deg.

No idea how it compares with others.

--
    /V\    : ;`  :   Frank Scott  Sutton, London
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk