[Gllug] RSA or DSA

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue May 17 12:07:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 12:53:37PM +0100, Fred L Youhanaie wrote:

> Dani,
>
> Dani Pardo wrote:
> >ssh -2). Thanks, that issue was a long-ago TODO, and never got time to
> >rtfm.
>
> Congratulation, now you may want to find some time to read this:
>
> http://nms.csail.mit.edu/projects/ssh/
>
> ... and choose your passphrase very carefully ;-)

I went to the talk that the guy gave in Cambridge last week.

I have added to my .bashrc:
	HISTIGNORE="ssh *"
	HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth

This stops command lines that start 'ssh ' being put into .bash_history, so that if I am
cracked it can't be used to find out where I ssh to. Ignoreboth stops lines starting with
a space being put into history (so I can selectively avoid some) and removes dups.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>