[Gllug] Suse Enterprise Linux

Frank Scott lists at frasco.org.uk
Tue May 10 14:14:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 02:37:09PM +0100, Matthew Thompson wrote:
> I've had no luck contacting Novell so I thought I'd go where people
> may actually know :)
>
> I've downloaded SLES demo as we needed to urgently install it for
> support reasons - because of this we've not yet got a support contract.
>
> Is there any time limited issues with the downloadable demo or is the
> time limit only for the online upgrade and support?

I went to a Novell presentation earlier this year and they handed out
Novell Open Enterprise Server and Novell Linux Desktop 9 cds and dvds.
I don't know if its the same, but the 30 day trial on these were to get
the free updates. Nothing about the software being time limited. I run a
downloaded version of the 64bit Suse 9.2 and that's being going for more
than 30 days.

> --

    /V\    : ;`  :   Frank Scott  Sutton, London
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk