[Gllug] [ot] borked net transaction

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri May 6 15:16:06 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Tethys wrote:

> You may get your money back. But the blind faith in the system that
> assumes you *will* get your money back is somewhat naive. Chip and PIN
> has also made the situation worse for consumers, and you are now less
> likely to get your money back ("but your PIN was used -- it must have
> been you").

Or my bank's (Citibank) blind faith in the security of their Internet
banking system, over which someone managed to login to my account and
transfer the entire balance to a bank account in Germany.  They claimed
it couldn't possibly be their system, and went through the idiot
questions to see what my computer security was like.  Choice quote:
"What's Linux?"

Mind you, their own fraud detection system discovered it hours after it
happened...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.