[Gllug] Urgent Help Apache 2.0.52

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Wed May 4 19:20:22 UTC 2005

In a new install of Apache 2.0.52 we have edited the standard httpd.conf and
added an alias to our own html directory which contains files produced by
our application in the /usr area. We have always used exactly the same
configuration in previous installations of RH and httpd eg: httpd-2.0.40-8.

The alias is called /ADVAN/ that points to a directory under /usr. Attempts
to access it return an error "Forbidden You don't have permission to access
/ADVAN/ on this server. Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at 89.0.0.210 Port 80

We have made all the relevant file permissions 777 just in case but it makes
no difference.

Is alias broken in 2.0.52 or has there been some major change to access
controls in Apache?

Thanks in Advance

Ken

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk