[GLLUG] ./configure deb-src

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Sun May 15 20:29:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 21:03 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> On 5/15/05, Jan Kokoska <kokoskaj at seznam.cz> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 17:43 +0100, Steve Nelson wrote:
> > > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > You're welcome.
>
> Since you indicated your interest in grub, here's a quick puzzle.
>
> I've got tftpd-hpa serving pxegrub to the client, but my laptop has an
> Intel 82801 Pro 100 card; Linux on this machine uses the eepro100
> card, so I tried with               tried that driver, but I get this
> error:
>
> "(probe fail)3c509: eeprom busy"

$ grep -rin "eeprom busy" .
./netboot/3c509.c:314:          printf("3c509: eeprom busy.\n"); /*
memory in EPROM is tight */

> I recompiled ensuring that only eepro100 was enabled, and still got
> the same message.

Clean tree? ;)

> It works fine on another machine with a compaq nc3121 card (eepro100 clone).
>
> README.netboot didn't say anything about this card.  Any hints?

I don't know much about this grub feature. I would track where is
eeprom_rdy() called from (contains the error msg line) and see why that
piece of code is called and compiled with your config options in the
first place.

Takes time, mine is as tight as yours. Ask the developers.

> Also, any ideas of a grub mailing list?  Google showed a grub2
> (*fears*) devel list but nothing for 'legacy' grub.

q=grub+mailing+list
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/

There must be a bend in your part of googlespace ;)

Jan

P.S. I cc all the e-mails back to gllug list as it cannot be completely
ruled out beforehand some of them might help someone else, too.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk