[Gllug] Upgrading thin ethernet....

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue May 10 00:12:05 UTC 2005

Just on the offchance that someone is aware of a solution to this...

I have a segment of 10 base 2 network cable (yes, coax) that's currently
joining together two 10/100 base T segements. I'd really like to be able
to get more than 10Mbps out of it (100 would be ideal, but anything
fatser than 10 would be good), but physical constraints mean that
replacing the coax with a cat5e/cat6 or fibre link isn't viable.

Is anyone aware of anything I can use to get more than 10Mbps of
bandwidth out of the coax? There will only ever be the two stations
attached to it, which might help. The only thing I know of is from
http://www.coaxsys.com/, who claim to have a product capable of getting
100Mbps out, but they're in the US, and don't bother replying to emails
asking how one might buy the product, so I'm hoping there's a better
company out there....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk