[Gllug] [ot] borked net transaction

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri May 6 14:56:57 UTC 2005

I must admit to having only disputed one, relatively small Hotel, bill on my
Lloyds TSB credit card, where the hotel shoved through a voucher after I had
checked out (and for which I never signed).  LTSB credited it back straight
away, without argument.

On the other hand a completely fraudulent transaction on my HSBC switch card
took ages to get back; had to file a police report, sign in blood that I knew
nothing about it etc etc.  Came back in the end, though.   The irony was that
having discovered the fraud I informed the bank, who cancelled the card
immediately.  Upon speaking to the Hotel concerned (in Newcastle, which I have
never visited) they agreed immediately that they were in the wrong and would
refund my card straightway   - only later to inform me that they couldn't
process the refund as the card had been cancelled!

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk