[Gllug] Apache "just stopped working"

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue May 24 13:42:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 01:38:45PM +0100, Ashley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have about 5 or so vhosts and they all just decided to point to the
> default path of /var/www, restart doesn't help.  Any ottoyh ideas before
> I delve in?

With so little information, it's very difficult.  Is this apache2, by
any chance?  Version and distribution would help.

If it's apache 2, which is often packaged so as to have config details
split amongst multiple files (e.g. a directory for virtual hosts with
one file per host), then it's possible that an upgrade added in an extra
file with the default setting (or removed or over-wrote something).

--
Bruce

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, apart from
ostriches if you punch them hard enough.