[Gllug] Web design?

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Mon May 16 23:34:35 UTC 2005

Russell Howe wrote:
> There's even Mozilla Composer... :)

Nvu is to Mozilla Composer as Firefox is to Mozilla Navigator. I have
played around with it a bit, it's certainly improved greatly since the
early versions and it is the only Linux tool I've seen do WYSIWYG web
page editing, but if you're expecting a replacement for Dreamweaver then
you'd be disappointed.  Of course, you probably don't really need all
the cruft that has accrued onto DW over the years, so this may not be a
bad thing.  Nvu will certainly let you design simple web pages without
knowing any HTML, and it has a quite nice CSS stylesheet tool, but if
you want to do clever stuff you'll end up editing the source directly
and there are better HTML editors out there.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk