[Gllug] Using apt-proxy with Debian Sarge

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon May 30 14:31:58 UTC 2005

Hello,
   I have been building CD ISO images on an old P100 box with a large disc
drive using jigdo-lite with Sarge, collecting the files from various mirror
sites using apt-proxy on an old P233 Mhz box running Woody. I use apt-proxy
because I can feed in a list of mirror sites in order of preference and
leave it to find the correct files, run several instances of jigdo-lite in
different terminals, and leave them to build several ISO images at the same
time. I just list the apt-proxy box as a source using
http://BoxName:9999/DistributionName/
   Sarge has a much later version of apt-proxy, version 2, but I have not
been able to get it to supply files to jigdo-lite running on "localhost" or
"127.0.0.1". There is an option to listen on more than one IP address, and I
have tried setting the /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy-v2.conf to listen on both
its normal ethernet address and 127.0.0.1, but I still get "connection
refused" errors from jigdo-lite. Has anyone else tried this? Thanks.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk