[Gllug] CD-Rom Writing,

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 2 16:33:50 UTC 2005

I'm trying to write some files to a cdrom again and my cdrom writter has
stopped working under linux again I can't see whats wrong and i've
tryied everything even upgrading to 2.6.

I'm now running 2.6.8 with debian sarge and every time I get xcdroast to
write it just says error which does not make sence because it used to
work about 2 months ago and I've changed very little since and it works
under windows.

I use linux because I'm in control but somtimes things under linux are
so complex your in control but can't see the problem for looking,

Now I'm not even sure wither my cdrom drive is running under ide-scsi or
what and the web seams to say that it should not be under 2.6 but all
the cdrom info seams to say it should be, confusing or what, No wonder
we can't get Linux run by the masses if it takes 3 hours to do anything
that takes 5 minutes on windows!

Sorry about the rant but since the cdrom writting howto is soo out of
date where can I find the upto date instructions?

Peter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk