[Gllug] OSS CMSs

Dani Pardo dani at enplater.com
Fri May 6 09:42:32 UTC 2005

Mamading Ceesay wrote:

> Daniel raises an excellent point, what is the scenario and the
> accompanying requirements?  What is the content that needs to be
> managed and in what context?  Who will do the content management and
> what are they accustomed to doing to achieve the same ends?  What if
> any customization will be required?  What has been tried/evaluated so
> far?
>
> Knowing these things would make it easier to people to point out the
> appropriate candidate CMSes for shortlisting and evaluation.

   In my case, I've never used CMS systems, but it seems there's plenity
of them, and each has its peculiarities, and/or is focused in some
problems.
   The CMS system I'd like should be focused on workflows. Where you had
document templates, and you could define the path that could follow a
document after edition, aproval, etc.. I need to track all document
life. And when, where and by whom the document as been read.
	 You know, the kind of document management system used in ISO-9002
document management.
  	Any hint? Better written in J2EE or Perl (for me, not want to start
another flame war:))

---
Dani Pardo, dani at enplater.com
Enplater S.A