[Gllug] Re: Alcatel SpeedTouch on Slackware 10

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 01:21:05 UTC 2005

On 11/18/05, Peter Joanes <pjoanes at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Henry,
>
> On Thursday 17 November 2005 19:08, Henry Gilbert wrote:
> > Bad News. It didn't work on 2.4.32
> As I said in my previous mails, you need to be using a recent 2.6 kernel. I'm
> using 2.6.11.9, so you might want to choose something later than that.
> It will not work with the script that you are using because that is for the
> old user space version.
>
> Cheers,

I hear you. What I am doing now is both 2.6.11.9 (which worked for
you) and recompile 2.4.31(which worked for me). I don't have the
.config for  2.6.11.9 to make it work. For example I was so sure
optimized 2.4.32 would work just because 2.4.31 unoptimized did. But
I do have the .config for a 2.4.31 that worked so from there I can
optimize. With 2.6.11.9 I will just give my best shot at the right
options at choosing the right modules. Got all night now to play with
this :)

regards

Henry
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk