[Gllug] Home desktop PC rebuild with Linux?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 05:02:41 UTC 2005

On 25/11/05, mfaz001-foo at yahoo.com <mfaz001-foo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In the 80's I was project-managing a client site with
> 600+ lawyers
> connected to a Bull DPX box and a largish PC box

Hmm we've still got one The Bull (DPS6 in our case) was (or is) not a
bad machine. We're replacing it slowly with a Linux based system on.
Much as the Bull has it quirks it still does quite a few things
faster, better and more relably than any modern PC based system.
Reasons for replacing it... The need for a gui and colour,  and the
fact that we can't get parts when it goes wrong. Also the lack of
people with the right skills to adminsitrate it.

Peter

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk